Families who are struggling with hunger this time of year are also facing other difficulties. Their heaters are holding at a lower temperature to keep costs down. Parents are trying to find the right words to explain to their kids why they didn’t get as many gifts as their friends. Children are worried about winter break because their family doesn’t have enough food. Through our seven direct service programs and our Partner Agencies we are working to reach everyone struggling with hunger this holiday season, but we need your support!
Here’s how you can help this holiday season:
Financial donations can go a long way to help! For every $25 donation, we can provide 75 meals to families in need. Hunger knows no season and we work year round to reach our neighbors in need. We cannot successfully do that without financial support. If you are making donations on behalf of someone for the holidays, we have cards available for order. You can find more information here.
NEW! Virtual Food Drive
We have made food drives easy with our new online food drive software. From the comfort and safety of your home, you can help us fight hunger by donating online. Follow the link below now!
DONATE THE FIXINGS
We are also looking to collect shelf-stable food items. Along with some holiday staples, we are in need of some of the most requested items:
- Canned Green Beans
- Canned Corn
- Peanut Butter
- Tuna/Canned Meat
We are looking to collect 4,700 turkeys this year for Thanksgiving and Christmas meals! With the effects of the pandemic still being felt by many in our community, it is our hope to provide a delicious holiday meal for them to give their families a little bit of comfort and joy on Thanksgiving and Christmas.
There are several ways you can donate a turkey this holiday season:
- Our Hope for the Holidays Food Drive will be on Saturday, November 13th from 9:00am to 3:00pm. We will be in front of the following stores collecting turkeys and the fixings:
- Walmart on 47th (Greeley)
- Sam’s Club (Evans)
- Safeway at Centerplace (Greeley)
- King Soopers on 11th (Greeley)
- King Soopers (Erie)
- Turkeys can be dropped off at our warehouse (1108 H Street), Monday – Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm. Enter through the northeast Main Office entrance. Ring the bell on the wall for a special surprise!
- Wing Shack is once again collecting turkeys for the food bank at their Garden City, Greeley, and Windsor locations. Anyone who donates a turkey at one of those five locations will receive a $5 cash card to Wing Shack. Additionally, they will make a $5 donation per turkey to a local food bank to fight hunger in Northern Colorado and Cheyenne, Wyoming.