Cooking Matters is nationwide program that we offer at Weld Food Bank for free to anyone in the community. This six week class that offers the following:
- Basic cooking skills
- Hands on food demos
- Healthy menu/meal planning advice on a budget
- Comparative shopping tips with a tour of a local grocery story
- Weekly presentations from a certified nutritionist
Each session is two hours that include kitchen time preparing the recipe of the week and a 30-minute mini-session taught by a nutritionist. Each class participants will take home a bag of food to remake or improve the recipe of the week.
All participants who complete this series of classes will receive a graduation certificate, cutting mat, chef’s knife, and the class book with several more healthy recipes.
Upcoming Cooking Matters Classes:
- Thursday, January 31st – March 7th from 4:30pm to 6:30pm at Weld Food Bank. FAMILIES WELCOME!
- Tuesday, March 19th – April 30th from 2:00pm to 4:00pm at Birchwood Apartment